4. Zarri, L.J., Danner, E.M., Daniels, M.E., Palkovacs, E.P. (2019) Managing hydropower dam releases for water users and imperiled fishes with contrasting thermal habitat requirements. Journal of Applied Ecology. [PDF]
See media coverage at EurekAlert, Science Daily, Courthouse News, UC Santa Cruz, and Earth.com. We also were interviewed on Jefferson Public Radio in Northern California, link to audio here (8AM on Aug 23, 2019).
3. Zarri, L.J., Mehl, S.B.*, Palkovacs, E.P., Fangue, N.A. (2019) Key transitions in morphological development improve age estimates in white sturgeon Acipenser transmontanus. Journal of Fish Biology [PDF] http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/jfb.13954
* indicates undergraduate student mentored by L.J. Zarri
2. Zarri, L.J., Palkovacs, E.P. (2018). Temperature, discharge, and development shape the larval diets of threatened green sturgeon in a highly managed section of the Sacramento River. Ecology of Freshwater Fish [PDF]
See media coverage here
1. Mora, E. A., Battleson, R. D., Lindley, S. T., Thomas, M. J., Bellmer, R., Zarri, L. J., & Klimley, A. P. (2018). Estimating the Annual Spawning Run Size and Population Size of the Southern Distinct Population Segment of Green Sturgeon. Transactions of the American Fisheries Society, 147(1), 195-203. [PDF]